Airdrie Pond is located in Nose Creek park on the West side of Airdrie. It is apart of the annual Alberta stock program and receives 500 Rainbow Trout annually. Fish can be seen rising during evening hatches, and are generally an easy catch with small presentations. The stocked Rainbows don't generally grow very big, and some fish do escape into Nose Creek during the spring when there is flooding from the rain. The water quality is poor due to the amount of garbage and random bikes and shopping carts that find their way into the pond, so it is highly recommend that you treat this location as catch and release only.
Airdrie Pond is a great place to have a picnic and teach the kids how to fish. However it is a very small body of water and is a busy location with lots of families with kids and pets, so although shore access is excellent, you will need to be looking over both shoulders before casting with any rod type. But this is a nice close location to burn the last hours of daylight.
- Fish Species: Rainbow Trout
- Amenities: Parking, Washrooms, Shore Access, Day Use picnic sites
- Nearest Town/City: Within Airdrie city limits
- Nearest Fishing Store: Bass Pro Shops | Airdrie Canadian Tire | Airdrie Walmart
- References: Rules & Regulations | Five Day Weather Report | Location Map