$100 Alberta Fishing Photo Contest
The Winners are...
First Place goes to, Ian Macfarlane. His photo featuring Matthew Mcanally Holding a Brown Trout from the Bow River. This picture took top ranks in quality, fish, popularity and information.
Second Place goes to, Laurie Hodson. His Photo featuring a Brown Trout caught on the Bow River. This picture took top ranks in quality, fish and information.
Third Place goes to Holly McDougall. Her photo features a 4lb, 63.5cm Northern Pike from Lake McGregor. This picture took top ranks in popularity and information.
Go to our facebook to see the winning photo's facebook.com/AlbertaFishingGuide
As the points were being added up, the top three photos were all very close (based on quality, fish, information and popularity). Ian's photo was consistently in the top ranks of all the categories which is what kept him in the top position. He had a few other photos that were also in the top ranks, but we picked the one with the most points. Laurie was super close behind Ian but fell back a few points because of popularity with likes/comments. Holly stayed in the running being the most popular photo and having the most information.
There were some amazing photo's entered into the contest, and we appreciate everyone's involvement. We will host this contest again next year in the same fashion, so don't forget your camera this season, and shoot for that prize photo.
We want to reward one Alberta angler by giving him/her a $100 gift certificate to a local fishing shop for best fishing photo. There are prizes for second and third runners up also.
The rules are simple:
- Your photo must be taken in Alberta
- You must mention the date your photo was taken and it must be taken in the 2011/2012 fishing season (April 1st 2011, to March 31st 2012)
- You must identify the fish you caught
- You must mention the lake river or stream you caught your fish in
- You must be in the photo, or have taken the photo yourself
Your photo will be judged by:
- Quality: proper lighting, facial expressions, good presentation of fish
- Fish: size, shape, colour, markings
- Information: proper fish identification, measurements, weight, location caught
- Popularity: how many likes your photo gets on Facebook, so if you lack photo quality and fish information your not completely out of luck, you could pull ahead with Facebook likes.
How to enter?
- Go to our Facebook (www.facebook.com/AlbertaFishingGuide)
- If you aren't already a fan like us
- Go to our wall
- Post your picture on our wall, with your short description and title it "Your Name - 2011/2012 AlbertaFishingGuide.com Photo Contest"
- Share your post with your friends to get more likes
The Contest ends April 15th 2012, and the winner will be announced April 17th. Good Luck!